It is the problem that many users face where the program refuses to start, and the message occurs that Minecraft is not responding. There can be various issues behind that. Minecraft is a complex game with lots of mods and updates available, and this means that a heavy amount of data is required to run it properly.
Minecraft not responding generally occurs when there is a problem in the system reading the files of Minecraft. Luckily, the problem can be solved by simple and easy steps if you know the correct method. In this article, we will discuss the solution to solve the Minecraft not responding problem.
Play Minecraft smoothly by allocating more RAM to Minecraft.
The Cause Of Minecraft Not Responding
There can be different reasons behind the problem of Minecraft not responding. If you are also experiencing this issue, then there are chances that your software for Minecraft is not updated.
It is also possible that the improper game installation from the non-recommended source is also causing the problem. The virus and malware also have the potential to cause pain. It may also be due to Windows updates and the game mods.
Whatever the reason, we will show you how to solve the issues. Solving The Problem Of Minecraft not responding. These are step-by-step solutions for the Minecraft not responding problem.
Update Your Java Software
When you are getting the problem of Minecraft not responding, then the first thing that you should check is the Java installation package. Java is most important for the minecart to work, and a correct version of java is necessary to play Minecraft on the computer. Problems in java can lead to issues such as Minecraft not responding.
Check out our separate post for Internal Exception Java.io.ioexception In Minecraft.
If the version of java installed on your computer is outdated or corrupted, it can be a problem. These are the steps to update the java on the computer.
- Press the Windows + R and type the java in the search box on the desktop screen.
- When you click open, the java will be opened; configure java to open the settings page inside java.
- Click on the update tab in the settings that is the second
- Click on the update java now option
- Make sure that you have an active and secured internet connection.
- This will start to update the java.
- When the update is finished, go back to the desktop and launch the game.
If the problem is still not solved, you move on to the next solution.
Check And Update The Antivirus
Most of the time, the Minecraft problem is not responding due to the virus program causing the issue. Make sure that the active antivirus program is working on the computer and that it is appropriately updated. Scan the computer to look for any virus. Make sure that the antivirus program that you are using is appropriately updated.
Check Windows For An Update
If the windows are not correctly updated, Minecraft not responding to errors can also occur. This can happen if Minecraft releases an update that the older version of Windows can not support. The result is the Minecraft not responding problem that can be solved by updating the windows.
Usually, the windows updates can be seen and installed in the start menu when shutting the computer down. But if you have turned the updates off, you might have to do it manually. These are the steps to install the updates.
- Click on the start menu and open settings.
- Go to the Update & Security icon in the settings menu and click on it. This is usually the last component in the list.
- Now, you will see the windows update tab on the side menu.
- Windows will now check for updates to install and show if there are any.
- Install the updates by following the on-screen information.
- Make sure you have an active internet connection.
- Close all the programs properly before starting the update.
The updates of windows will take some time, depending on the update and internet speed. Restart the computer after the update and open Minecraft to check if the problem is solved or not.
If the problem is still not solved, proceed to the next step.
Run Minecraft As An Admin
If Minecraft is still not working, then the problem can be the lack of permission for Minecraft from the operating system. The issue of Minecraft not responding can sometimes be easily solved by launching Minecraft as the admin to bypass the restrictions imposed by the operating system. These are the steps to run the Minecraft as an administrator:
- Right-click on the Minecraft launcher icon.
- Click on the run as administrator option that appears in the list.
- A window will appear asking for permission. Click on yes to launch Minecraft.
If the Minecraft is working by this, you can run the Minecraft as an administrator permanently by following these steps.
- Right-click on the Minecraft icon to show the extended option.
- Go to the last option, properties, and open it.
- This will open a new window. Click on the compatibility tab in the properties menu.
- Allow the “Run this program as an administrator” and click apply.
- Click OK and close the window.
- Now Minecraft will be opened as administrator every time you open it bypassing Windows security restrictions.
If the problem is still not solved, check the next method.
Update Your Video Drivers
Minecraft requires a sound graphics card and video driver to work correctly, just like any other game. The problem is the video driver, such as outdated, not correctly installed, or corrupted, can also cause the Minecraft not responding issue. To solve the issue, try to fix the video driver. These are the steps to do so,
- Open the start menu and type device manager in the dialogue box.
- Press enter, and this will open the windows device manager.
- The Windows device manager is responsible for all the devices in the system.
- Now in the device manager, find the option of Display Adapters and click on it.
- It will show the complete list of display components.
- Find the graphics card driver option and right-click on it.
- Select update driver to update your graphics card driver.
- You will need to follow the on-screen commands to complete the process.
This will take some time; make sure that you have an active internet connection. After the graphics card driver has been updated, restart the computer and check Minecraft to see if the problem is solved or not.
Disable All The Mods On Minecraft
Mods on Minecraft can be the root cause of the problem, and there are high chances. There are different types of mods available for Minecraft, and there are various sources for them. The mods can sometimes conflict with each other due to the programming difference.
It is also possible that windows or game updates and the mod are no longer supported. To delete the mod of Minecraft, make sure that you follow the correct procedure. You can delete the mod one by one to see what type of mod creates the problem.
You can also change the mod folder one by one to catch the real troublemaker and then restore all the other mods.
It is better to start the search by deleting the oldest mod as they are most likely to go outdated.
If all of the solutions fail to solve the problem, there is no option left to delete Minecraft. Follow the correct procedure to delete Minecraft and all related files. To properly delete the Minecraft from the computer, follow these steps:
- Open the start menu and search for the control panel in it.
- In the control panel, click on uninstall the program menu.
- It will show you the list of all the apps installed on the device.
- Delete Minecraft and its associated app by clicking on it and choosing the uninstall from the top options.
- It will ask for confirmation; click on OK.
- Wait for some time to delete Minecraft.
- Now that the program is deleted completely go to the official website of Minecraft to download the latest version.
- Make sure to use only the trusted source to install Minecraft.
Disable The Discord Overlay
Many players claim that they solve the Minecraft not responding problem by disabling the discord overlay. You can also do that as the last option if all of the other options fail.
These are the steps to do so:
- Open the discord and click on the user setting adjacent to the profile username.
- Click on the game Overlay option on the left side of the panel and deselect the Enable in-game overlay option.
- Click save and close the discord.
Open Minecraft to check if the problem is solved.
Or this error io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException might be the reason for minecraft not responding problem.
In this article, we have discussed all the solutions that can be used to solve the Minecraft not responding problem. It is a simple problem that can occur due to different issues; there is no specific solution for that. You can try these solutions one by one to solve the issue.