Playing Minecraft is fun, but when you are experiencing a connection problem to the server, then the fun can turn into a nightmare. Whenever you try to go into the server, the message “lost proxy connection to server Minecraft” gives you the option of “Back to Server List.” There can be some issues behind, and with some techniques, you can remove them permanently. In this article, we will discuss the solution to overcome the “proxy lost connection to server Minecraft issue.”
The Cause Of The Problem
There can be various reasons behind the server connectivity problem. These reasons can be:
- Network connection problem: This is the most common cause of the problem. Many people ignore it because the constant disconnection and reconnection do not necessarily affect the browning and video watching, but it affects Minecraft.
- Windows firewall or antivirus issue: If you have downloaded Minecraft from other resources, there are high chances that Windows Firewall might block them. It is also possible that antivirus is causing it to stop.
- Version problem: The problem can occur if the server you are trying to access does not match your version.
- The issue in the language: Language can be the primary issue in the Proxy Lost Connection To Server Minecraft problem because the server can not read the language. It sends a connection problem.
Check out our separate post for Minecraft Xbox One Connection Failed.
There may be different causes behind the issue, and to solve it, you should consider the following steps.
Check your internet connection; make sure you are connected to the internet. If the issue occurs due to connection loss, try troubleshooting the internet. It has a high chance of solving the issue if it occurs by an unstable internet connection.
You must check for the windows firewall or the antivirus to see that it is not creating the problem in the connectivity of Minecraft. You can allow Minecraft in the windows firewall. Follow these steps:
- Go to control from the start menu or by pressing Windows key + R and typing the control panel.
- Go to System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall > Allow apps to communicate through the firewall.
- Search Minecraft and allow it on both public and private networks.
Disable the antivirus except for Windows defender. This will solve the connectivity issue if a firewall causes it.
Try changing the language of Minecraft if you are experiencing the problem in only a specific version of Minecraft. Open Minecraft and go to options > Language.
You would see English (US) as the default language. Select the Pirate Speak (PIRATE) and then select English (US) again. This would probably solve the issue. If the issue keeps occurring, you would have to try another way.
- Go to the start and type %appdata% and press enter.
- This will open the AppData of all the programs.
- Search the Minecraft folder in it.
- Open the Minecraft and search for a file named options.txt
- Open the file and scroll down till you find the line starting with Lang.
- Rewrite the command Lang: google_lite as Langa: en_us
- Save the file and close it.
- If the problem still occurs, delete the file options.txt
- Always delete the file as the last solution because it will remove all the saved progress.
There are various reasons behind the Proxy Lost Connection To Server Minecraft problem, and we have thoroughly discussed them. We have also discussed the possible solutions in detail.
The issue of the connection problem in Minecraft or any online gaming is not new, but it has been occurring since the start of online games. Real talent identifies the cause and rectifies it to play the games without any error or problem. I hope you found this article helpful.
How to Fix Internal Server Error in Minecraft
Friend Can’t Connect to Minecraft Server